and Treatment Forum:
There have been many beneficial rosacea support groups and forums over the last 8 years. They are a place to comfort one another, lend support and offer some rosacea information. There is no need for another support group or forum like these. It is time for something much different. A support group with weekly updates by Rosacea Specialists, Physicians trying cutting edge treatments, Pharmaceutical Company Interviews, Biotechnology Interviews, Physician Intra-group discussions for Rosacea Sufferers to watch the exchange of information and learn. A place where e-books (PDF downloads) are stored for members to download the best laser treatments of 2007, best prescription oral and topical treatments, best over the counter treatments and best nutraceuticals for rosacea
A core group has been formed consisting of a Rosacea Specialist, two Medical Physicians, a Biomedical Research Scientist, two Rosacea Sufferers and a Computer IT Firm to make all this possible. The continued interest in a New Forum that combines Science, Medicine and Friendly banter in a very novel setting has brought this Forum to fruition. Thousands of rosacea sufferers are already signed up for notification and dozens of requests continue on a daily basis. This will be a very large group that will be filled with laughter of the past in a Neutral Setting. This is what rosacea sufferers have been asking for. Rosacea Sufferers want more. The message is very clear. That is our goal. We should be up and running very soon. See ya there!
A professional team of computer specialists are currently developing a very unique Rosacea Forum that will comprise four sections including:
1. An energetic and fun discussion forum for rosacea sufferers.
2. A professional section for physicians and pharmacists to collaborate and share information. Rosacea Sufferers will be able to view all discussions and send private emails to physicians and pharmacists. They will also be able to submit interview questions every month.
3. A Quarterly Report section will be added directly to the forum for cutting-edge reports on Rosacea Research and Treatment.
4. A Consumer Reports section -- this is sorely needed in the real-life rosacea world. It is important to understand which treatments are effective and discern those from treatments that may be harmful or a waste of money.
Below is a partial list of the ever growing forum
- Three IT specialists for forum development
- Two graphic art designers
- Two pharmacists (this is a novel idea started by the mastocytosis
organization because compounding pharmacists usually have the
most unique perspective on how physicians treat certain symptoms
with novel approaches)
- Two Laser Physicians (and growing)
- Three Geneticists & one VP of a Genetics Biotech Company
- One Microvascular Physiologist, Associate Professor, Dept. of
- Two Facial Plastic Surgeons
- One Endocrinologist/Hormone Specialist
How much will Medical
Physicians, Pharmacists and Professors Participate?
So far many of these physicians
have given a firm commitment to be quite accessible and active in
our "Ask the Resident Physicians" Subforum and participate
in pre-determined chat sessions. The goal is to have them
visit to answer questions at least twice a week and answer in-depth
interviews given by rosacea sufferers on a monthly basis.
Our two pharmacists have
also made a firm commitment to answer questions in our "Ask
the Resident Pharmacists" Subforum.
We are also in the process
of figuring out how we can approach various rosacea researchers
and pharmaceutical companies who are willing to keep us abreast
of the latest findings as they come right out of the oven.
Why do you
have Dermatologists and Dermatopathologists listed on your Forum?
Dermatologists and Dermatopathologists
are not the same. We are very excited to have the opportunity
to interview and possibly work with a Dermatopathologist as they
are key specialists in the research into rosacea's true heart.
A Dermatopathologist is
a highly trained physician who specializes in diagnosing disorders
of the skin through microscopic evaluation. Dermatolpathology
is a subspecialty of both dermatology and pathology (identification
of disease by studying cells and tissues microscopically).
These specialists are now being recruited for rosacea because there
is a great need to identify the cells, receptors, enzymes, proteins
and vascular abnormalities that cause the disorder. It is
interesting to note that many refer to dermatopathologists as the
"Sherlock Holmes of the Skin" because they must exhaustively
study, analyze, compare and detect many variables in a skin disorder
to find out "who did it". This specialist is an
exciting addition to our forum and will most likely be very active
in rosacea research.
The forum will also contain
many free documents that we are very excited to offer members:
- Multiple laser coverage and laser reimbursement forms
- Multiple insurance coverage forms for oral and topical rosacea
products that are not covered by some companies
- A huge database of the most current information, presented in
an excellent, easy-to-read format
- An evergrowing database of newsworthy posts that will be added
into the database continuously to keep everyone up-to-date and
save people the headache of weeding through thousands of posts.
Sign up to be Notified
when the Forum is Ready:
If you would like to be
notified when the forum is ready, please feel free to email me.
Due to the sheer volume of emails that I receive on a daily basis,
please label the Subject Heading of the email "Rosacea Forum
Notification" and send your email to email@example.com